Razlog Valley Discussion

Building our own community, Razlog Valley & Bankso

Razlog Valley Discussion

Golf Course

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> Latest news from Razlog Valley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baz
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Golf Course Reply with quote

Latest reports claim that the new Ian Woosnam Golf Course is due to open in December 2007. Has anyone any further information / details on the course ?
chris
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats when your apt is ready Baz, Ski by morning, golf in the afternoon Laughing
ZandraLaPoI
Gold Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read something that has prompted me to post. On the 'Other Forum' a chap has just got back from Bansko and whilst there he spoke with one of the Management Team of the Pirin Golf and Country Club who stated that:

'the membership for this course was strictly for the residents of pirin golf and country club as there are 800 apartments on site and if every one of them have membership then there may only be slots for non residents to play on a daily basis'

http://talkbansko.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1092&start=60

Now, the main attraction to me was the Golf Course. Elsewhere on this forum, members have been assured by MRI that their clients will be able to use the course but how can we get golfers in our apartments when it is pot luck whether they get a tee off time or not?

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Zandra
John C
Gold Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zandra

As said on an earlier thread,unless the people buying these 800 places paid a considerable premium, I dont see how it cant be open to others. It must cost a lot of money to build a golf course, ime sure they must be expecting significant income from outside to help fund it.

While they are selling apartments on site it makes sense to claim exclusivity. At the end of the day the apartments within the develiopment may get some sort of preferential rates.

When we were over on our inspection trip earlier this year we were shown round swimming pool, fitness centre spa etc in the basement ofa completed development and told that although it was for residents, it was also open to non residents to help with the costs, I dont see why the golf course wouldnt be the same. They are all businesses and must try and turn a profit.

Also if you believe all the doom and gloom on the "other" Bansko forum, there wont be any people renting these apartments any way so the golf course will probably be empty Smile

Ime certainly not too worried and I am ehoping to get some summer lets

because of proxiomity to the course.

cheers

john

A buyer at Aspen Heights!
www.banskostudios.co.uk
Steve Mitchell
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

Here's an e-mail I received on 10th August from MRI when I asked about the playing rights of the golf course:

"Dear Mr & Mrs Mitchell,

I can confirm that the owner or tenants A-**** Aspen Heights will have full access rights to the Golf Course in Bansko.
The membership and green fees are to bet set at a future date ( we will provide this information when available)

With kind regards

John O'Donoghue
MRI Construction Operations Manger
MacAnthony Realty International
Tel: (0034) 952 866 064
Fax: (0034) 952 766 280"

Don't know how this will stand up if things differ from what I've been told above, but it's in writing, so I guess that's about all you can ask for at this stage.
ZandraLaPoI
Gold Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that.

I guess I am suffering from the Property Investing form of 'first night nerves'.

I know I am not the only one with concerns!!

Regards,

zandra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> Latest news from Razlog Valley All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: