Razlog Valley Discussion

Building our own community, Razlog Valley & Bankso

Razlog Valley Discussion

ACT 16 and beyond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> Buying Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikey
Silver Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: ACT 16 and beyond Reply with quote

I am after some advice, anything you can provide will be great.

My current situation is as follows:

I am in the process of purchasing in Aspen Heights, ACT 16 has been granted and my final 35% is due.

I have brought no extras, so:

No Bulgarian Mortgage,
No HiFX, (am I the only one that found nationwide transfers were at a better rate?)
No aftersales,
No furniture pack.
No rental contract

Now we know that MRI aren’t the best at customer service once they’ve had their money, so can anyone offer me some advice as what to do next.

Should I get some snaggers in before I hand over the money? Any other advice as to what to expect from the rest of the process.

Thanks again and sorry for being cheeky!

Mike
JayMac
Gold Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mikey

I would recommend Alexander Services to snag your apartment - there was quite a few things wrong with mine that I knew nothing about. They send you pictures and liase with MRI to see the repairs through etc and cost about 130 Euro, they also send you pictures!!!

Also one more thing you need to know is that once youve handed the money over you will need to get POA sorted out unless you are going to go over and sign the Notary yourself. I had to go to the Bulgarian Embassy in London and this cost about 150 quid also.

All in all - what should have been a 'smooth' buying process with 'no hidden extras' this has been a nightmare for lots of reasons but one thing is good is there is actually a building there so I must be thankful for something

Wink
Mikey
Silver Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i will be pleased when I actually have something to show for my Money (unlike Bulgarian Dreams etc).

Can i ask, did you get Alexander Services to snag before or after your final payment. I am just worried that if i hand over my money i can snag all I like and they may not be interested in the results! (or maybe i'm letting myself be too cynical?)
JayMac
Gold Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mikey

I'd already paid all of the money - but I am a Lifetime Aftersales member which is supposed to include snagging!! so I'm glad I went to Alexander Services as I wouldnt have known about the faults there were. I havent paid them a penny yet and they have already snagged the apartment and sent me pics. They then forward the info to MRI to fix and then they follow up to check the work is done - After that they invoice you for the work.

Much better than any service I have recieved from MRI I's sad to say

Kind regards
Mikey
Silver Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, i'll do that then. Were MRI good about fixing the snags?
JayMac
Gold Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know yet - i only had the snag report back yesterday, but i'll keep you posted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> Buying Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: