Razlog Valley Discussion

Building our own community, Razlog Valley & Bankso

Razlog Valley Discussion

Whats happened to this forum???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John C
Gold Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Whats happened to this forum??? Reply with quote

Things seem very quite on this forum!!

I posted my question about Mortgages On the Aspen Golf thread, plenty of people have looked, but nobody has replied..... in fact nobody has posted anything at all in the last week:?

Are things not starting to happen now?? I thought this forum would be buzzing Crying or Very sad Any body got the keys and stayed in an apartment yet Confused

Just thought I would try and stir things up and see if we could start posting and communicating more. Smile

Cheers All

John

A buyer at Aspen Heights!
www.banskostudios.co.uk
spangle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John C

Just got back yesterday from a weeks skiing in Bansko. I visited the site and was only the second person to go inside Aspen Golf to see the pool ,sauna ,steam room ,solarium, empty gym and empty jaccuzi.

I will post pictures and speak more about my visit later as I am busy getting things sort for work tomorrow but will be happy to answer any questions anybody has to throw at me!!!

Spangle
John C
Gold Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to hearing your experiences Spangle

Your pictures of the snow and view down into Bansko lo Smile ok great

www.banskostudios.co.uk
JayMac
Gold Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John

Just to let you know I'm still alive!!! I haven't got the keys yet to the Suites but have completed the final payment - just the POA to go now. I myself was wondering where everyone has gone, its a liitle barren round here. Look forward to speaking to somebody, ANYBODY.......soon;-)
John C
Gold Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Its ben a bit quiet lately!

How long was it fromwhen you got Act 15 till you actuially paid the last 50%?

Cheers

John

www.banskostudios.co.uk
JayMac
Gold Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on this one mate.....where is everybody, come on make the effort we have, i've got a few things to chat about if anybody is interested.........
John C
Gold Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ime certainly interested to hear what you have to say Jaymac.

I am due final payment, Have overun a bit but no response frpm LI to my questions. Am getting a bit hacked off with the whole thing.
Ive got Dave from Aspen Refund on every now and again wanting me to join up. Dont know if its a good thing or not.

I think the bottom line is that iof the quality of build is Ok at Aspen Heights, wont really have much to complain about. Its not MRI,s fault we have a credit crunch, But if the majority of people dont pay their final payments, then how can MRI redeem there mortgage, what if people counting on a Bulgarian mortgage cant get? We could end up with a heap of empty apartments , which then impinges on the validity of maintenance contracts, can everything be done to maintain the buildings to the required standard if only a percentage end up completing the payments , for whatever reason?

Its all a bit concerning. The fact that nobody seems to want to talk to us much from MRI or LI doesnt help! But maybe they dont know the answers either???

www.banskostudios.co.uk
JayMac
Gold Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John

After all of the hassle and finding out the actual process taking legal action, I decided to pay the final payment and be done with it! The only other thing I need to do (which became a legal requirement in March apparantly) is to go to the Bulgarian Embassy in london to get the Notary signed. One of the reasons i can't take any legal action is I agreed to the contract update a while back so I haven't got a leg to stand on, so that aside I think that at least there is a building now and there is no outstanding mortgage for me and also there will be no outstanding mortgage on the development after completion. I have spoken to another Aspen Suites buyer who has made the final payment and she is happy she is 'doing the right thing', she agrees that we were made promises that haven't been kept etc etc but is in it for the long haul.

I have got some information of the legal stuff being bandied around if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Jaymac.....
ZandraLaPoI
Gold Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,

I am an owner in Aspen Golf (or not as the case may be!!Smile).

I keep getting pestered to take out a Bulgarian will. What are the ramifications of not taking one out? The way I read it and I could be wrong, if you die and have no Bulgarian will the proceeds go to the Bulgarian Govt?

Also, this time last year I paid my final instalment for AG, i was lucky and didn't need a mortgage. I also paid some maintenance fees. Now as AG is still no open and not operating what happened to that fee? Do I need to pay again in Dec? I think it is time to email MRI and ask this.

My friend bought in AG too and she wants to go out in Feb although it is not looking like she will be staying in AG at this time!

If I find anything out I will post back here.

I have always been in it for the long run and to be honest MRI have done alright by me ( I don't work for them by the way!!)

Take care,

Zandra
JayMac
Gold Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zandra

I can't believe AG isn't completed totally yet!! I won't hold my breath for AS then....As for the maintenance fee a similar thing happened to me with the Aftersales membership, I was pestered to join it from the beginning but didn't have any need to use it for 12 months so that was a waste of money, I have rejoined it again though, but haven't had any correspondance regarding snagging etc etc, still it's worth it for the updated photos on the website..lol.

Is anyone giving POA to LI regarding the completion? If so I take it you know about the having to go to the Consul in London to get the Notary rubber stamped!!!

Also has anybody been over recently or got any plans to check the developments out? I'm going over in March so will be able to update everyone then

Cheers

JayMac
I
ZandraLaPoI
Gold Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay,

Oh yes, I remember my trip to London to go to the Bulgarian Embassy to get my things stamped, can't remember how much it cost, 45 I think!

Then I sent them off to LI and they emailed me asking where they were, I told them I had sent them and they said they must have got lost so could I send another set! I nearly went spare and told them to stick the bloody apartments! Needless to say they turned up a couple of days later, there was a very loud sigh of relief, let me tell you!

I joined Aftersales for 3 years back in 2006 and have not received anything from them at all. I don't trust them to do the snagging on my Studios so to be honest I am not sure what I have paid for as I haven't bought my furniture from them!

Oh well, I am hoping to go out there sometime next year and will update folk as to the progress on all the Aspens.

MRI have been very quiet recently, haven't they?

Zandra
JayMac
Gold Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zandra

Its funny that but whilst driving into work this morning I was thinking how quiet MRI have been in the last 12 months!! I had another call from Dave from Aspen Refund yesterday to cheer me up!! He was informing me not to hold my breath for my completion paperwork as unlike Aspen Golf all of the other Aspens still have an outstanding mortgage on them and until these are paid off (under the clause of the contract) we won't be officially able to own our apartments. He did give me the new numbers for Legal Independance in Spain and Bulgaria, in case I wanted to challenge the solicitors who as far as I can see are only acting in the interests of 'you know who' rather than ourselves.

Despite all of this I still remain upbeat and am sure that things will all work out eventually - just not until well into 2009.

Its still really quiet round here though, doesn't anybody use this forum anymore??
spangle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody I'm back....!
Not gone anywhere but have not looked at this web site for a while as Aspen Golf and Aspen Suites threads disappeared probably for legal reasons........the 'refund' saga

Anyway found what you all have been writting about interesting.

I went to the embassy in August straight forward cost me 112 for both apartments and collected the documents a week later. cost are about 11 per page.

I have been informed by MRI my apartment is mine, but no confirmation by LI my snagging has been done and all corrections completed. I am sending in an independant snagger in this week to double check. I have been told my furniture will be fitted very very soon . I have decided to go out 16th Jan for a long weekend skiing to check for my self as I have a lot of changes to my furniture pack that I sure MRI will get wrong..!

I will chase up my signed notery deeds as a bit concerned from previous postings that they are being held up because of outstanding mortgages.

I was told Aspen Golf was up and running about 2/3 months ago they had 6 apartments occupied that week - maybe just people on inspection trips??

We at Aspen Suites are still waiting for act 16 which I was told should be mid Nov but I was also given August before so who knows........

Had an email from MRI yesterday to say they are changing the studio furniture pack like they did at Aspen Golf...I have a few issues with that. Anybody expecting a washing machine maybe disappointed, they are swapping it for 20"LCD TV.

Hear from you all soon
Spangle
spangle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange.... those missing threads have just re-appeared.....! I'm sure they went from sight....maybe it is all getting to me Crying or Very sad
spangle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Just had an email from owner at Aspen Suites.....yes I said owner as the have seen a copy of all the signed paper work, and MRI confirmed that they are resonsible for their own apartment now. They are just waiting for originals in the post.
Are things looking up now......! I am going to chase my paper work up next week.

Spangle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: