Razlog Valley Discussion

Building our own community, Razlog Valley & Bankso

Razlog Valley Discussion

MRI change to DCC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikey
Silver Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: MRI change to DCC Reply with quote

Hi,

I see that another complany called DCC are on the web, its basically the same people and properties as MRI. I hope this doesnt mean MRI are sinking under... anyone heard anything?
spangle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCC do have a glass ofice in Aspen Golf reception and did ask if MRI have changed their name and was told NO. I did read somewhere else that it has been set up by Wendy Macanthony and someone else, for what reason I don't know.

There were booklets advertising silver mounntains in Aspen Golf and they had DCC splashed all over them. MRI have moved in to new offices in Marbella over looking the marina for what that's worth!

Spangle
Mikey
Silver Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm, well lets be honest they wouldn't set up another company doing exactly the same unless they were winding up the old one.

I just hope this doesn't affect MRI construction for the aspen heights development.
ray-man
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see there television channel has disapeared of sky.
Mikey
Silver Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to them and apparently they have wound up MRI pretty much. They say they are keep to MRI construction side going though.
ray-man
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have seen there promotional cd all about how much money they have and the fact that they will be around when every one else is gone to look after there clients.
spangle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Mikey

'I spoke to them and apparently they have wound up MRI pretty much'
what does all this mean?? who were you speaking to??

Have they gone bust or scalling it all down, What about my furniture they have not fitted yet??

Called spain today but was unable to speak to my usual contact. Where does it leave us all.[/quote]
Mikey
Silver Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short message, as I'm posting on the mobile! I wanted to explain what I was told. They will be forfilling exsisting contracts (she specifically mentioned furniture packs) by using a 3rd party. I can't get to her name from here but will pm you.
Mike
Mikey
Silver Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ray-man wrote:
You have seen there promotional cd all about how much money they have and the fact that they will be around when every one else is gone to look after there clients.

To be honest it happens, all companies bull and the credit crunch will hit them hard as their business is all about the global housing bubble.I just want to see that they forfill their remaining contracts one way or another.
Mikey
Silver Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=CEO Michael Liggan]
DCC International Property to forge its own way, says CEO
DCC International Property,

recently set up by ex-MRI Overseas Property CEO Michael Liggan, opened its doors to business on 15 December 2008, and is currently promoting new-build projects in Cyprus, Bulgaria, Portugal, Romania, Spain and the USA, as well as resale properties in these regions.

With DCC currently promoting MRI projects, and occupying some of the MRI offices that had been closed down due to downsizing in the current economic climate, there have been rumours of a rebrand.

But Liggan, confirming that DCC was “completely independent” of MRI Overseas Property, said: “DCC doesn’t have any exclusive agreement to market or sell MRI developments and indeed currently doesn’t have any other exclusive agreements for the many other developments it will be marketing.”

Clarifying the relationship with MRI and its board, Liggan added: “I have a very close relationship to Darragh MacAnthony [MRI's chairman]; not only was I the CEO for his group of companies for many years but I am also his best friend.

“Because of this a lot of industry people have assumed that DCC is really MRI in disguise when that simply isn’t the case.

“The truth of the situation is that Darragh wants to focus more of his time on developing and constructing projects around the world and also developing his football club Peterborough United and trying to get them promoted this season and in the next season until they’re in the Premiership.

“With Darragh not wanting to focus on taking over yet more of his ‘territories’ for his real estate company there is an opportunity for someone like me to want to do this and I believe the industry needs it.

“With Darragh planning on downsizing MRI Overseas Property I felt that now is the obvious time to go for it. Yes, we’re going through a worldwide credit crunch but times like this are often considered the best time to start a new company and for me that means I have direct access to taking on some of the best staff in the industry and also some of the best offices out there”.

Dominic Pickering, CEO of MRI, added: “It’s not a rebrand. We’ve spent 8 years building the MRI brand. We offered DCC the option of taking on the leases of some of our office space in Cyprus and Spain. They took up the offer and have even recruited some of the people we had to let go.”

Portions of this article first appeared in OPP Magazine, to whom we offer our thanks.
[/quote]
Mikey
Silver Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how much i trust this......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: