Razlog Valley Discussion

Building our own community, Razlog Valley & Bankso

Razlog Valley Discussion

Furnish your apartment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Furnish your apartment Reply with quote

I don't know how the great debate about furnishing 3rd party v's MRI aftersales etc is fairing up but here are a few links for those who wish to consider furnishing the apartments themselves.

sailoil
Silver Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the quote from MRI and after I picked myself up off the floor I banged off an enquiry to Alexander Services. I'll be interested to see what they quote. 8,000 for a one bed apartment is more rip off than I can handle. It wouldn't cost that in good old Rip off Republic!
Gary Fellows
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Sailoil,

Where have you bought? I have bought in Aspen Suites and am just trying to decide whether to go with MRI for the furniture, which i am sure will be a lot easier but by the sounds of things, a lot more expensive?

Cheers Gary
sailoil
Silver Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aspen golf.

MRI are trying to put the skids under everyone by putting us under
1. Time pressure (age old trick of the conman)
2. Hassle pressure.
3. No rental threat.

1. Time pressure is laughable. They say you "have to buy now to avoid price rises". There is a veiled threat if ever I heard one. And still they only have foundations down, and snow is on the way. I don't see them meeting the march completion date, so I can relax on the time.

2. Hassle pressure. As you point out, this seems to be the compelling argument. They do it all for you, no hassle. Then they send you a list of exhorbitant charges you will have to pay if you are not one of their "lifetime members". The reality is, lots of local companies are emerging to do all this for you at a fraction of the price. It is classic free market economics. Wherever supernormal profits are being made in a market, new entrants will flock in. That is what is happening now. Hold off I say. Prices for furniture will fall with competition.

3. We will not rent if you don't buy your furniture from us? Well, if you behave like that, do I want you renting my property. Like the furniture, there is lots of competition emerging in Bansko to manage rentals. Wait until the apartment is nearing completion before acting.

Rule of not being conned: If you feel under time (or other) pressure, walk away from the deal. If it is a bona fide deal it will be there again tomorrow and next week and next year.

The problem with MRI as I see it is this:
MRI is a solid company with a good reputation, who behave generally in a sound manner to make life easy for property owners.

BUT

MRI is staffed by low paid, commission based employees, who need to make a fast sale to make their target. They will bend all the rules to make that sale.

The MRI deal will still be on the table in six months. They salesman bugging you today to hand over your cash may not be around by then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: