Razlog Valley Discussion

Building our own community, Razlog Valley & Bankso

Razlog Valley Discussion

MRI request deposit before they have Licence to build?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> Aspen Valley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilln
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: MRI request deposit before they have Licence to build? Reply with quote

THIS APPLIES TO ALL MRI OFF PLAN DEVELOPMENTS.
Just back from Bansko & we have chosen 2 apartments in Aspen Valley. We paid the minimum deposit while there but now realise they are asking for the full deposit when they dont yet have the licence to build.
Though they insisted it wont be a problem, I still have my doubts & wonder what our situation would be after paying ??k deposit, if they dont get a licence, especially as they also said no more licences are being granted in the area.
All comments appreciated as there must be a lot of us in this position.
JayMac
Gold Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gilln

The same applied when I paid for my Aspen Suites apartment. We paid first and then the planning came later, it all sounded a little dodgy but the planning did follow like they said. There are probably other developments that don't use this method if you are worried but there is a clause in the contract that states deposits will be returned if planning is refused. As for the building license restrictions I believe they only apply to Bansko at present. Razlog is a completely different region with a seperate mayor/municipality, as far as I'm aware they haven't put any restrictions there yet! (unless someone knows any different)

Hope this helps Smile
Gilln
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Aspen Valley Reply with quote

Thanks for that, Jaymac, we found the same info this afternoon, after I posted the message, but you still wonder & hope it's all OK as it can all be marketing after all unless it comes from a third party such as yourself.
Is Aspen Suites finished? Is it as you expected?
There is a lot of negative stuff on the internet & not much positive.
Any positive would give a boost at this point.
We did'nt know Razlog was a different municipality though - that will be interesting to look into as they did not give that impression. Very Happy
JayMac
Gold Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aspen Suites hasn't even started yet! It took a little longer to get planning (a couple of months) and by the time we got it, it was winter in Razlog and no good for laying foundations. The Aspen Suites is the sister develpoment of Aspen Golf which is well under way now so I think realistically although MRI state the build will be ready by Dec2007, it will take a couple of months longer but this is the case with quite a few developments so isn't really a worry for me. As long as the build quality is of a high standard I shall be pleased, and they are using the same company as builds the Hilton etc so this should be the case!!
chris
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayMac wrote:
Aspen Suites ......... As long as the build quality is of a high standard I shall be pleased, and they are using the same company as builds the Hilton etc so this should be the case!!

I thought the aspen family were the first building projects to be taken on by MRI themselves. We were told it would be finished to the same standard as the katerino spa (which is 5 star in my eyes).

Sometimes I dont think some of the salesmen for MRI can keep up with their own porkies Embarassed
JayMac
Gold Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, you are right. MRI are the construction company - it is their own baby so to speak, but they are employing the same people as build the Hilton etc etc, and project managing it with one of their people, i.e Paul Mahoney!? They have basically set up a company to build it rather than hire a third party. Unless I have been suckered by the sales techniques then this is how I've interpreted it!!

Hope this clarifies my earlier post.
Embarassed Very Happy
Gilln
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were expecting the quality of Katerino Spa as well, it was sold to us as this - verbally and not in writing, same with all of us.
We hear the Aspen developments were the 1st personally for MRI using the same builders as Katerina Spa. We were not told anything about using the same builders as the Hilton - in which case, which Hilton development were they referring to - Park Lane, London or Cairo!
We have other thoughts about the golf nearby - I'll start another....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Razlog Valley Discussion Forum Index -> Aspen Valley All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: